Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lost and Found

A few hours after my last post I settled in to watch the next episode of Lost. I am rewatching the series from start to finish - and enjoying every minute. When you REALLY watch the series, you will find fundamental truths about life. It is more than just a show.

In this episode there was an exchange between Locke and Sun. Locke makes the comment, "I used to get angry, even frustrated." He goes on to say. "That was when I was lost." Locke ends by saying to find what he was missing, "I quit looking".

My first reaction was "Seek and you shall find." If you quit looking, how will you find?

Must me something more. He is not talking spiritually - he is talking worldly.

So I asked "What makes me angry and frustrated?" Bingo!

Last week I was frustrated - why? I realized the truth in what Locke was saying. I get angry and frustrated when I am "lost" in worldly problems. Too many task, not enough time. So this week - I quit looking. I'm not looking for the extra time to finish tasks. I'm not looking to solve every problem.

Stay grounded and focused - find what has been lost.

To all the people who felt my anger and frustration last week - I apologize.

No Regrets.

1 comment: